TNG serves district court, family court and high court proceedings along with summonses, demand notices, trespass notices, eviction notices, dissolution of marriage (divorce) applications, international process and other time-critical documents. 

TNG operates an extensive network of Process Servers covering Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch along with every region of New Zealand. With over three decades of experience serving legal process, TNG remains the most cost-effective process serving agency in New Zealand. 

Our regional based Process Servers use their local knowledge to serve documents from Kaitaia to Bluff, this valuable insight provides a beneficial edge in carrying out instructions with efficiency using decades of gathered intelligence.

With the very latest technology, clients monitor every step of the document service process directly from the field. Our software provides clients with accurate reporting and transparency across all document and legal process serving activities.

Please click the video clip to view an introduction to servemanager, our document service file management software.

What is a Process Server?

A Process Server is a person who serves legal documents and court proceedings, commonly referred to as ‘legal process’. The courts in New Zealand require legal documents to be served personally on a recipient or defendant named in the court proceedings by an authorised Process Server.

Process Servers in New Zealand are instructed by clients to serve high court, family court, district court and employment court proceedings. Process Servers are authorised to serve legal documents on a recipient, defendant, entity or organisation named in the court or legal proceedings.

Employing a Process Server

Process Servers deliver a variety of legal documents and court proceedings which often require an individual to attend a court hearing. Our Process Servers are ready to take on any challenge and work assiduously to deliver legal documents and court proceedings on time while maintaining their professional integrity.

What Type of Documents Do We Serve?

Our Wellington and nationwide Process Servers will professionally serve your court proceedings, legal documents and international legal process, including:

  • District Court Proceedings
  • High Court Proceedings
  • Family Court Proceedings
  • Employment Court Proceedings
  • Custody Orders
  • Eviction Notices
  • Dissolution of Marriage Applications (Divorce Documents)
  • Family Court Protection Orders
  • New Zealand & International Summonses
  • Bankruptcy Notices
  • Demand Notices
  • Trespass Notices
  • Property Law Act Notices
  • 289 Demand Notices (formally known as Section 261)
  • Criminal Documents
  • Trespass Notices
  • Witness Summons
  • Domestic Documents
  • New Zealand & International Dissolution of Marriage Applications
  • Property Documents
  • Tenancy Documents
  • Protection Orders
  • Orders for Examination
  • Charging Documents (Government Law Enforcement Agencies)
  • New Zealand & International Subpoenas
  • Pre-Possession Notices
  • Repossession Warrants
  • Insolvency Documents

Serving of Applications for Dissolution of Marriage (Divorce Documents)  

Our highly experienced document and legal Process Servers have an exceptional working knowledge of the New Zealand court and legal requirements regarding the service of dissolution of marriage applications (commonly referred to as divorce documents or divorce papers).

There are several good reasons why you should use an independent Process Server… We are not personally known to you or the party being served, we know the requirements of the courts and can guide you through the process and finally, we are aware of the rules regarding serving legal documents.

The family court in New Zealand manages the document process to end your marriage or civil union relationship. Divorce proceedings can only commence once both parties have separated and resides apart for a minimum two year period.

If you have children as part of the relationship, the family court must be satisfied that acceptable arrangements have been made for their daily care and welfare. The following information and related links may prove useful when seeking out further advice regarding the service of divorce applications and other domestic related legal proceedings:

Find out more about agreeing on the care of children

There are two types of divorce proceedings in New Zealand:

1. If both parties wants to divorce

If you have grounds to do so, both you and your partner request the local family court for a Marriage of Dissolution Order.

Apply for a divorce – when you both agree.

2. If only one of the parties wants a divorce

You will need to ask your local family court to make a decision. This process is known as applying for an order. If you are applying for an order, you or your legal representative are responsible for ensuring that your application documents are correctly served on the other party. You cannot serve them yourself.

Apply for a divorce – on your own

If you need the court’s help dividing your relationship property, you need to make a separate application within 12 months of your divorce. The court may extend this time frame.

Find out more about dividing relationship property

Serving Trespass Notices

You might want someone to leave your home or place of work for a number of reasons. They may be committing offences on your property, such as shoplifting, being disorderly or simply have no right to be there.

There is no legal requirement to give a trespass notice in writing. However, a written document reinforces the situation for the person given the trespass notice; they cannot say they did not know of the notice and requirement to leave and not return.

We have extensive experience serving trespass notices for companies and individuals. We are not known to the recipient so this elevates any issues of a personal connection. The serving of any legal document including trespass notices can be very stressful.

Our process servers are trained to mitigate and manage any risk associated with serving documents including hostile recipients. If you wish to serve a trespass notice, you must complete and correctly serve three copies of the current version of a New Zealand trespass notice.

Visit the legislation New Zealand website to read the Trespass Act 1980 (link is external).

Use this trespass notice form

  • one copy must be served on the recipient
  • one copy to be delivered to the closest police station
  • one copy for your records

To serve a trespass notice you need to personally hand the trespass notice to the recipient.

If the recipient refuses to accept the trespass notice then the court rules of serving legal process will apply, the legal position is that the documents are legally served once the recipient is positively identified and the document has been brought to their attention.

TNG Document & Legal Process Servers - Wellington & Nationwide

New Zealand & International Services

TNG are based in Wellington with a nationwide network of Field Agents, Private Investigators, Security Professionals and Process Servers (Legal Document Servers) in every district and region of New Zealand, including:

Northland, Whangarei, Auckland, Wellsford, Warkworth, Orewa, Albany, Takapuna, Mangere, Manurewa, Pukekohe, Coromandel Peninsular, Thames, Waihi, Whangamata, Whitianga, Waikato, Hamilton, Te Awamutu, Cambridge, Huntly, Morrinsville, Matamata, Putaruru, Tokoroa, Otorohanga, King Country, Taumarunui, Te Kuiti, Waitomo, Bay of Plenty, Tauranga, Te Puke, Whakatane, Kawerau, Opotiki, Rotorua, Taupo, Turangi, Murupara, East Cape, Gisborne, Tolaga Bay, Tokomaru Bay, Ruatoria, Te Kaha, Taranaki, Wanganui, New Plymouth, Stratford, Hawera, Waitara, Inglewood, Manawatu, National Park, Waiouru, Taihape, Palmerston North, Marton, Bulls, Feilding, Ashhurst, Foxton, Horowhenua, Levin, Otaki, Kapiti, Waikanae, Paraparaumu, Paekakariki, Wellington, Plimmerton, Porirua, Tawa, Johnsonville, Upper Hutt, Lower Hutt, Wainuiomata, Hawkes Bay, Wairoa, Napier, Hastings, Havelock, Waipukurau, Dannevirke, Wairarapa: Featherston, Pahiatua, Masterton, Carterton, Greytown, Tasman, Nelson, Blenheim, Picton, Motueka, West Coast, Westport, Greymouth, Hokitika, Wanaka, Queenstown, Twizel, Alexander, Te Anau, Canterbury, Christchurch, Kaikoura, Ashburton, Southland, Timaru, Oamaru, Dunedin, Invercargill, Balclutha, Mossburn, Gore.